What is the TikTok Ad Library?
The TikTok Ad Library is a repository of paid ads displayed on the platform to users. With this, it is possible to access and analyze advertising creations for inspiration and understanding of the strategies used by other advertisers.
How to use the TikTok Ad Library
To access TikTok’s collection of ads, simply access the Commercial Content Library website (library.tiktok.com/ads) for free and without having to have an account on the social network. In addition to the platform’s paid advertisements, it is possible to find unpaid commercial content that promotes brands, products and services.
The information available in the Ad Library is:
- Ads that have at least one view published on or after October 1, 2022 and targeted to people residing in the EEA, Switzerland or the United Kingdom;
- Ads that were last viewed a year ago by any user.
- The name of the advertiser, as well as the person or entity that paid for the ad. A link to a verified TikTok account may also be provided, if available;
- The date the ad first ran;
- The date the ad was last shown;
- An estimated number of views per unique user;
- An estimate of how many users were part of the target audience and the criteria for determining that audience, such as age, gender, interests and location;
The countries where the ad was shown and total unique users by region.
- The deadline for publishing an ad in the TikTok library is one day from the moment it receives the first view. Other changes are reflected in the ad or campaign with the same one-day deadline. It is important to note that some ads may display a label that has been removed for violating the terms of the platform.
How to search the Ad Library
If you want more details about a campaign running on TikTok, follow the steps below:
- Access the Commercial Content Library (library.tiktok.com/ads);
- Select “Ads Library” at the top of the page;
- Under “Ad target country”, choose a campaign display region;
- Select the “Ad Type”;
- Choose the display date of the ad;
- To find specific ads, enter the advertiser’s name or keyword in the drop-down menu;
- Press the “Search” button.
Tips for searching the Ad Library
To get the most out of your TikTok Ad Library search, here are some usage tips:
- Search for ads relevant to your business;
- Pay attention to the style and aesthetics of the ad in order to, if necessary, adapt its content;
- Analyze ad results to learn what is working best on the platform;
- Gather the information you need to create personalized ads.
If you want to explore other features of the platform, check out how to create a text post on TikTok.